Followers

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Art Nouveau

Hi All

Firstly I would like to say thank you for all your kind messages regarding recent success that I have had. I have to say that I am still stunned to have reached the top 20 in the last Mojo competition especially when there was over 500 entries. Also reaching the top 5 in the Allsorts challenge and then one of the top 3 cards of the week over at 365 cards. I also would like to say a thank you to the people who selected my cards for these honours! It has given me a real confidence boost. Thank you!

I am really enjoying my holiday, not done as much crafting as I would have liked, although I have already visited one craft shop, "Stampaholics" in perthshire and bought a few goodies, a visit to another craft shop is on the cards (no pun intended) for tomorrow!

I have made this card, which I plan to enter into a couple of challenges. Firstly Papertake weekly http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ the challenge for the week is using any of the following colours: Pink, Black, White,yellow, Green, Grey, Lilac

The theme for a spoon full of sugar http://aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/ is swirls, and I have used some lovely swirly paper from "Bo Bunny - Beau Jardin Blush" (a new purchase) I have also tried to emphasise some of the swirls using some "distress stickles - worn lipstick" (also a new purchse!)

Also the Allsorts challenge http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/ which is to use only one so I have used only one sheet of paper (its double sided) only one stamp " Inca stamp - Art Nouveau Profile" which I have stamped a number of times to create dimension, I have coloured it using whispers pens, water colour pencils and have done the flower using twinkling H20's and a little bit of stickles. and I have inked round the edges of the image using "distress ink - worn lipstick" Also I used a one word sentiment. I couldn't resist putting the 3 gems on it, it just didn't look right without it, I hope that still counts!

Wow what a lot of waffle! I hope I have not bored you all to tears!

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations Juls, your cards are stunning so I am not surprised at your success. I'm glad you are enjoying your holiday. Today's card is beautiful.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning elegant card. Shopping trips on Holiday sounds perfect to me.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is fabulous! Great job with the challenges and congratulations with your success, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Juls - good for you!!! Now enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done you and big congratulations on your recent fame ;D It is so well deserved, not only are you a lovely person but your cards are always beautiful :D

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a stunning card so so elegant! Love it!
    Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Juls and congrats on your other successes. I knew about Mojo Monday but not about allsorts or 365 so well done for those too. Is Stampaholics in Perth? I once went to another shop in Perth but was disappointed with it but I have never managed to get to Stampaholics. My elder daughter lives in Crieff and we tend to go down after I finish work on a Saturday so we get to Perth too late to start looking. Or if we have a babysitting weekend it is a Friday evening. I will get there yet. Glad you're enjoying your holiday. Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, the image is wonderful and you have coloured it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Congratulations on your success,it is no surprise though your cards are amazing!!! And this one is awesome,the image and those papers are perfect together.WELL DONE on everything!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another stunner Juls...gorgeous image and the bloom is just perfect...enjoy the rest of your hols....happy shopping! bx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful card Juls,l love the image and colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Juls

    Another brilliant creation. I really love it. Gorgeous colour scheme.

    Congratulations on all your success this week. All well deserved.

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card hun clever you to use double sided paper....perfect


    thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratultaions, well done! This card is gorgeous, I love the lovely image.

    It's always great to "meet" another P&P and Anne fan! I also know many parts off by heart.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well firstly congrats chick xxx And secondly, I Love this, and love your choice of colours. Thanks for joining us at PTW. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is extraordinary, all your cards are you will receive oodles of creative honors in the future as well! BR-T

    ReplyDelete