Followers

Friday 22 March 2013

Silhoutted Sugar

Hello All,

Well just as I got so that I was back to being a regular blogger, I've disappeared again!! We were away for our anniversary, then I have been doing a work training .... so there has been no blogging or crafting, just falling into bed exhausted!!

As it has been my anniversary I have received one or two crafting anniversary presents .... including a little trip to the house of sugar :-) I bought some lovely "My Minds Eye" papers that I have used here  ( I cant remember the name of the pad, and its up in the loft .... next time I go up, I will check and then update my post!)

I have used a Leanne Ellis stamp ( I would sooooo love it if we could get more of her images!!) but to be a little different, I coloured it in black, to create a silhouette.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sugar bowl - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe Crafts - Girly
Shabby Tea Room - Anything Goes
Stamp with Fun - Anything Goes
ABC - Just as you Like
Charisma Cards - Die Cuts
Totally Gorjuss - Something Old (using an old stamp)

Now as I afforded myself the luxury of using new paper and not my scraps .... I had to follow my new rules, where I use it all up, so that I at least do not add to the enormous pile of scraps that I have ... I cut into 3 6x6 papers to make this card .... and have also decorated the inside of the card, I was then left with this:


And with the leftover snippits .. I made this:

Again with decorating the inside of the card too ... I do not have one little snippit left!! This card I would like to enter into

Pixies snippit playground.

Thanks for looking
Hugs Juls

30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Juls, love how you've made the image into a silhouette. And the second card is a fantastic use of your scraps.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Juls, lovely papers and colours.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your design layouts for your cards Juls - something I always struggle with. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two terrific cards here! Love everything about each of them. GREAT use of your snippets too.

    Playground wet and cold . . . bring warm clothing.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love MME papers Julia and love the colours of these and the elegant cards you have made with them.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Juls

    My first attempt at a comment disappeared - sigh. Two fabulous cards and I love the way you used up your snippets to make the second one without adding to your stock of scraps :) Very disciplined - might have to make you a school prefect in the Playground! And it's such a good idea to trim round the shapes on the paper too.

    To save you a trip up into the loft, I have this lovely pad of MME paper here too - just checked for you and it's called 'Blush'. It's very similar to another MME pad called 'Sunshine' - which is also lovely.

    Have a lovely day, hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. both fabulous cards juls.those papers are lush and i love how you have created the silhouette image, so clever and your `scraps` card looks stunning too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you are using up your papers like that, great idea. Love how you use the stamp too another great idea Juls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, really love the silhouette - it looks amazing. Think I will be nicking that idea.
    Clever you, using up all the paper.
    I have told hubby I am buying no more DPs. With the money I save, I am going to buy fabric instead. He told me that wasn't really SAVING!! But I disagree :-)
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE both, Juls, especially the silhouette! FAB paper and Love how you used the snippets! Happy Anniversary! And we missed you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such nice collages in great colours Juls!

    have a nice Sunday, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card, thanks for joining us with at ABC for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Juls, both cards are lovely and I'm impressed that you used the snippets immediately instead of just adding them to the pile. I see that it has earned you 'Brownie' points with our head of snippets :)) Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards Juls and such elegant and pretty designs. Gotta love a few pink polka dots :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant & stylish Juls - sounds like a great Anniversary :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both cards, great choice of papers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowww, this is so BEAUTIFUL Juls!!! I love how you did the silhouette of this image .. gorgeous!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards Hun the pink and black is lovely :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge :)

    Hugs Mandy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is really striking! Both gorgeous cards

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Juls,
    These both look fabulous, but I really love the silhouette idea. Such gorgeous paperstoo.Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow...this is lovely and what a great effect!!

    Thanks for joining us at The Sugar Bowl.

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, what a clever idea to use that stamp as a silhouette, it looks fab-u-lous! Love the card made with your scraps too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Juls, glad to see you back blogging. Your cards are beautiful and I love the color combinations.

    with Love.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous cards, Juls! Love the classy color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love the papers you've used! super pretty Juls!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow 2 stunning cards those papers are so gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love sihouette images and yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Doing a grand job still using up your bits Juls, love both cards. Great colour combo.
    Thanks for popping by my place.
    Crafty hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete